- I advise businesses on technology (Strategic and Operational)
- I help businesses transform through technology adoption and digitalisation
- I help develop software development human capital resources
- I am an advocate for cloud adoption
- I design and write software
- I have 26 years of experience in the software development industry
- I have 26 years of leadership role in technology teams
- Certified SCRUM Master and Agile Software Development practitioner. I believe in continuous delivery
of software as it is being built in order to deliver relevant and valuable deliverables.
- Develop solutions from the bottom up - users come first
- Software is a service and not a product. Businesses and use cases change over time and the software has to adapt in tandem.
- 2019 - Current, Senior Advisor & Director
Independent Data Services
Advising the CTO office on new technology and advising the human resource department in strengthening our human capital development.
- 2018 - Current, Managing Director,
Rajang Digital Solutions
Founded Rajang Digital Solutions Sdn. Bhd. Rajang's main focus is to grow with the Sarawak digital economy by looking at locally
developed solutions and developing our human capital. Our main interest is intelligent systems (in Technology 4.0) such as
business data analytics and chatbots.
- 1997 - 2018, Chief Technology Officer & Director
Independent Data Services
Joined Independent Data Services Pty Ltd in Adelaide Australia as a senior developer and subsequently Chief Technology Officer and Director.
Independent Data Services provides data management and analytics for upstream oil and gas industry. A pioneer company in the space of the Digital Oilfield where we work to convert operational data into actionable business knowledge.
- 1995 - 1997, IT Manager
Carigali PTTEP Operating Company (CPOC)
Joined Petronas Carigali PTTEP Operating Company as a systems manager. Planned and implemented their data center, data link-up between rig and town and planned and managed their IT infrastructure
- 1994 - 1995, Pre-Sales Engineer
Sime Darby Systems Sdn. Bhd.
Joined Sime Darby Systems as a technical marketing specialist for SGI and Cray Super computer handling the following portfolios, Education and Oil and Gas. I performed research and present competitive analysis against our competitor's products and provide rapid development for delivery of proof of concepts
- 1993 - 1994, Research Assistant
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) - Faculty of Information Technology
Joined UNIMAS as a research assistant. Focused mainly on GIS, Artificial Intelligence projects. and Internet technology specifically in web technology (it was at its infancy)
- International Digital Economy Conference Sarawak (IDECS) 2017 Speaker/Panelist
- 2015, 9th International Conference on IT in Asia, Transforming Big Data into Knowledge, Panelist (Future and Challenges of Big Data Research)
- Industry Advisory Panelist - UNIMAS FCSIT- 2014 to present
- Industry Advisory Panelist - Swinburne University Sarawak, School of Information and Communication Technologies - 2014 to present
- Industry Advisory Panelist - Monash University Malaysia, School of Information Technology - 2010 to 2014
- Internet of Things (data management)
- Business Data Management
- Data Analysis
- Information Retrieval
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Data Visualisation (2D,3D)